RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

Post by Stresse » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:37:06

Can anybody give me an idea of where to start looking in order

to resolve the following error message?

Could it be something as simple as a corrupted tape backup/restore?

Server: Msg 3271, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file '???'.
Server: Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

Post by rega » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:39:56

Looks like a broken/failing tape to me ...

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>Can anybody give me an idea of where to start looking in
order

>to resolve the following error message?

>Could it be something as simple as a corrupted tape
backup/restore?

>Server: Msg 3271, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
>Nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file '???'.
>Server: Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
>RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

>.

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

Post by Mandar Naik[MSFT » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:27:59

I would suggest running the Restore with a Verify Only option. This will
tell you for certain if there is a problem with the backup set.

Please refer to SQL Books Online for more information on this.

--
Regards,
Mandar Naik

Quote:

> Looks like a broken/failing tape to me ...

1. Restore Database terminated abnormally

When I was restoring a sql 7 database using a backup file (damaged) from a
different sql 7 server,  the restoring operation was terminated abnormally
and left the database  in "loading" status. After I manually removed the
physical database files (mdf & _log.ldf file), I was able to create a empty
database with the same name. As I attempt to restore this database with a
new backup file ,the server gives this message " Microsoft SQL-DMO ODBC  SQL
State42000: An internal consistency error occurred. Backup or Restore
operation terminating abnormally"

What's the next step?

Thanks

2. SQL mode for emacs-19.25

3. Restore database is terminating abnormally

4. changing the sa password

5. "Restore operation terminating abnormally"

6. AZ-PHOENIX-101381--ORACLE-PL/SQL-Project Leader

7. Error 945 Backup or restore operation terminated abnormally

8. Invalid column name (207)

9. RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally

10. process has been terminated abnormally. SQLSTATE=38503

11. DARI (Stored Procedure) process has been terminated abnormally

12. SQL1131N DARI (Stored Procedure) process has been terminated abnormally