Help Help How can I get NT Group Name

Post by Kenny Cheun » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello all Expert,
We use WIN NT Local Group to authorized our SQL 7.0,
I can get user name from users(),
how can I get the NT Group Name (function or stored procedure ? )

Thanks
Best Regards
Kenny

Help Help How can I get NT Group Name

Post by B. Lammer » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Kenny,

Maybe you can use the 'extended procedure' Xp_LoginInfo

regards,

Ben Lammers

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> READ BELOW HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Reports the account, the type of account, the privilege level of the
account, the mapped login name of the account, and the permission path by
which an account has access to Microsoft? SQL Server?.
Syntax

Arguments

Is the name of a Microsoft Windows NT? user or group granted access to SQL
Server. account_name is sysname, with a default of NULL. If account_name is
not given, all groups and users that have been explicitly granted login
permission are reported. The Windows NT user or group must be qualified by
the Windows NT domain or computer name to which the account belongs.

'all' | 'members'

Specifies whether to report information on all permission paths for the

only the first permission path is displayed.

Is an output parameter that returns the privilege level of the specified
Windows NT account. variable_name is varchar(10), with a default of Not
wanted. The privilege level returned is user, admin, or null.

OUTPUT

When specified, places variable_name in the output parameter.

Return Code Values

0 (success) or 1 (failure)

Result Sets

Column name Data type Description
account name nchar(128) Fully qualified Windows NT account name.
type char(8) Type of Windows NT account. Valid values are user or group.
privelege char(9) Access privilege for SQL Server. Valid values are admin,
user, or null.
mapped login name nchar(128) For user accounts with user privilege, mapped
login name shows the mapped login name that SQL Server tries to use when
logging in with this account, using the mapped rules with the domain name
added before it.
permission path nchar(128) Group membership that allowed the account access.

>Hello all Expert,
>We use WIN NT Local Group to authorized our SQL 7.0,
>I can get user name from users(),
>how can I get the NT Group Name (function or stored procedure ? )

>Thanks
>Best Regards
>Kenny

Help Help How can I get NT Group Name

Post by Umachandar Jayachandra » Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:00:00

sp_helpntgroup or xp_ntsec_enumgroups

--
Umachandar Jayachandran
MCDBA, MCSE + Internet, MCP + Internet, MCSE