Detect if Cursor Opened and Detect if Cursor Allocated

Detect if Cursor Opened and Detect if Cursor Allocated

Post by John Irwi » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:10:53

1. Can I detect in SQL if a cursor is open (before I close it)?
2. Can I detect in SQL if a cursor is allocated (before I deallocate it)?

Detect if Cursor Opened and Detect if Cursor Allocated

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:02:11

Check books online for CURSOR_STATUS

-Sue

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:10:53 -0400, "John Irwin"

>1. Can I detect in SQL if a cursor is open (before I close it)?
>2. Can I detect in SQL if a cursor is allocated (before I deallocate it)?

1. Detecting a cursor

Hi,

   I am trying to determine if a cursor has already been opened or
allocated.  I have created stored_procedures which close a deallocate
the cursor (this is done regardless whether it exists or not), the
problem is that when DTS executes the Stored Procedure, it marks it
with errors.

   Is there a way to either check for the cursor existance - OPENED or
CLOSED, ALLOCATED OR NOT, or is there a way to have the Stored
Procedure ignore the error (mask it or filtered it) something similar
to catching or trapping the error (just like in most of the
programming and scripting languages)

   Thank you

2. listener problems

3. Detecting data changes using dynamic cursors.

4. Column deletion

5. Detecting cursors in OnLine 7.x

6. TInteger Field for Interface Numeric

7. Help ! Opened cursors exceed max opened cursors

8. DB Link problem, ORA 03113, urgent

9. Open cursors and more open cursors

10. Need Help Please , Invalid Cursor Position Error and Cursor Not Open Error

11. Why declare cursor and open cursor both cost same amount of time

12. Cursor in Trigger - with cursor not open when running second time in the same SQL session

13. 40088 No open cursor or cursor closed.