SQL Server 2000--Accessing SQL Server Using a URL

SQL Server 2000--Accessing SQL Server Using a URL

Post by Dana Jia » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm trying to access SQL Server Using a URL like

http://myServer/VirtualRoot?sql=SELECT+*+FROM+Customers+FOR+XML+AUTO

in SQL server 2000 evaluation version,

and got the error in the explorer:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Line 1, Position
243

Any idea? Is it a problem of SQL Server 2000 evaluation version?

Thanks,
Dana

SQL Server 2000--Accessing SQL Server Using a URL

Post by JCB » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Try to include a <ROOT> tag, before and after.

sql=Select+'<ROOT>';SELECT+*+FROM+Customers+FOR+XML+AUTO;Select+'</ROOT>'

and be sure you are using sql 2000 databases ;-)

> Hi,
> I'm trying to access SQL Server Using a URL like

> http://myServer/VirtualRoot?sql=SELECT+*+FROM+Customers+FOR+XML+AUTO

> in SQL server 2000 evaluation version,

> and got the error in the explorer:

> The XML page cannot be displayed
> Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Line 1, Position
> 243

> Any idea? Is it a problem of SQL Server 2000 evaluation version?

> Thanks,
> Dana

1. Cannot access SQL server 2000 DB using Wireless Network over proxy server

Since SQLCE 2000 uses TCP/IP to access a SQL 2000 Server, but I cannot
access the database on SQL 2000 server, error always say that my HPC 2000
device is not connected to the server. I cannot see the BODY text on my
pocket internet explorer too after I'm connected to the internet after the
authentication.

http://myserver/sscesa10.dll

My Pocket internet explorer requires me to specify a proxy server and I must
be authenticated before I can access the internet resource.

Pinging from both server to ce device and back is ok.This means using TCP/IP
is working rite?

Can someone advise me how to solve this or is it that SQL server ce cannot
work because of the firewall?

Regards
Alex

PS: I'm programming in eVB

2. F10 Key in FoxPro 2.6 for Windows

3. Problem with accessing SQL server using a URL

4. Get NEXT 100 records with SQL

5. Linking to an SQL Server 2000 table that uses bigint with Access 2000

6. TUTORIAL OF THEORY DATABASES

7. Accessing Public Folder (Calendar exchange svr 2000) from SQL Server 2000 Using CDO

8. Distributed Databases for Telecommunications

9. Access 2000 to SQL Server 2000 using Import/Export Wizard or DTS

10. Using SQL Server 7 Enterprise Manager w/SQL Server 2000

11. Newbie: Using Access 2000 as front end to SQL Server 2000

12. Accessing Public Folder (Calendar exchange svr 2000) from SQL Server 2000 Using CDO

13. how to make upsizing MS Access 2000 db to SQL Server 2000 using