Calling Stored Procedure that calls Stored Procedure in ASP

Calling Stored Procedure that calls Stored Procedure in ASP

Post by Kimberly Chas » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I call a stored procedure from ASP and do not have a problem.  When I call
a stored procedure that calls another one I receive no record set back in
my asp.  Has anyone experienced this.  My two stored procedures are
included below.

SP Number One
CREATE PROCEDURE up_getPubPartList

AS

  DECLARE cuParts CURSOR FOR
    SELECT DISTINCT UnitCPN
      FROM PubUnit

      ORDER BY UnitCPN
    FOR READ ONLY

  OPEN cuParts

  BEGIN

    BEGIN

      ELSE

    END

  END

  CLOSE cuParts

  DEALLOCATE cuParts

SP Number Two
CREATE PROCEDURE up_getPubPartListPerUnit

AS

4)

  DECLARE cuStatus CURSOR FOR
    SELECT Status
      FROM PubUnit

      ORDER BY Status
    FOR READ ONLY

  OPEN cuStatus

  BEGIN

    BEGIN

        BEGIN

            BEGIN

              ELSE
                BEGIN

                    BEGIN

                      ELSE

                    END
                  ELSE

                END
            END
          ELSE
            BEGIN

            END
        END
      ELSE
        BEGIN

            BEGIN

              ELSE

            END

          ELSE
            BEGIN

            END
        END
    END

  END

  BEGIN

    ELSE
      BEGIN

          BEGIN

            ELSE

          END
        ELSE

      END
  END

  CLOSE cuStatus
  DEALLOCATE cuStatus

Calling Stored Procedure that calls Stored Procedure in ASP

Post by Bob Pfeif » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Do you get a result set when you run this in ISQL/W?
--
Bob Pfeiff, MCSD
Spectrum Technology Group, Inc.

<<remove "nospam" to reply via e-mail>>

1. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

Hi,
I'm using the stored procedure builder of DB2 UDB v6.1 on NT to create a
Java Stored Procedure to call another Java Stored Procedure. Both of
them belong to the same project in stored procedure builder.
The sp that calls another sp has the code as follows:
// Calling another java sp -- ErrorHandler
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
err.execute("Test #1", 100, "Testing #1");
When I want to build the sp which calls another sp from within, it gave
me an error as follows:
C:\IBMVJava\ide\tools\com-ibm-db2-tools-dev-spb-ivj\spb\bld953747549650\
com\intertrac\datamart\sp\SelectBillShipAddr.java:18: Class
com.intertrac.datamart.sp.ErrorHandler not found in type declaration.
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
Does anyone have any clue of how this can be properly done ? Please let
me know.
Thanks,
ra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Query Designer Error

3. Stored procedures calling stored procedures

4. I want a hands-on getting start on Java Database...

5. Stored Procedure calling a Stored Procedure

6. Software for Developing a SQL Database

7. Stored Procedure that calls multiple stored procedures

8. REQ: foxprow.ex_ file

9. QUESTION: How can I call a Stored Procedure from another Stored Procedure

10. Calling extended stored procedure from stored procedure

11. Stored Procedure calling Stored Procedure

12. HELP: Stored procedure calling stored procedure

13. Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure