MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

Post by Robert Mard » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:47:47

I am wondering if you can set up MultiServer
Administration between a non clustered SQL Server 7.0 SP3
and a clustered SQL Server 7.0 SP3.

The reason I have doubts is that when I started the set up
wizard and was at the point to click Finish there was a
task the wizard was going to perform that it hadn't done
when setting up MultiServer Administration between non
clustered servers.  It was going to start the SQL Server
Agent.  This agent is not running in our clustered
environment because virtual SQL Server Agents are running.

Is there a way to set this up without risking a problem
with our cluser environment?

MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

Post by Donna Lambert [M » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:26:33

Robert,
If the SQL Agent Resource is online in the cluster, and you are running the
MultiServer Administration setup from the same node that owns the SQL Agent
Resource, we shouldn't be trying to start the SQL Agent Service.  I am
going to try to repro what you are seeing here.  Could you give me more
details?  Are the master and target both clustered?
Thanks.
Donna Lambert
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Disclaimer:

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Recent viruses on the Internet underscore the threat to all computer users
and highlight challenges facing the entire industry in providing security
that everyone needs to conduct business. I encourage you to sign up to
receive automatic notification of Microsoft Security Bulletins by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/se...
bulletin/notify.asp. For more information on security, our Strategic
Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit,
please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security. We will be happy to answer
any questions or provide assistance with your security needs.

--------------------

| Subject: MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers
| Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 05:47:47 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering
|
| I am wondering if you can set up MultiServer
| Administration between a non clustered SQL Server 7.0 SP3
| and a clustered SQL Server 7.0 SP3.
|
| The reason I have doubts is that when I started the set up
| wizard and was at the point to click Finish there was a
| task the wizard was going to perform that it hadn't done
| when setting up MultiServer Administration between non
| clustered servers.  It was going to start the SQL Server
| Agent.  This agent is not running in our clustered
| environment because virtual SQL Server Agents are running.
|
| Is there a way to set this up without risking a problem
| with our cluser environment?

MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

Post by Robert Mard » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:43:57

I was trying to have the clustered server be a target server and the
master server a non clustered server.

MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

Post by Donna Lambert [M » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:46:32

Robert,
And when you get the message to start the sql agent service, is that when
you run the wizard on the target (clustered) server?  I'm assuming so.
Donna Lambert
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Disclaimer:

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Recent viruses on the Internet underscore the threat to all computer users
and highlight challenges facing the entire industry in providing security
that everyone needs to conduct business. I encourage you to sign up to
receive automatic notification of Microsoft Security Bulletins by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/se...
bulletin/notify.asp. For more information on security, our Strategic
Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit,
please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security. We will be happy to answer
any questions or provide assistance with your security needs.

--------------------

| Subject: RE: MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering
| Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:43:57 -0700
|
| I was trying to have the clustered server be a target server and the
| master server a non clustered server.
|

| *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

1. SQL Server 7.0 Cluster ressources don′t showup in Cluster Administration

if this is all and you are sure the installation is good apart from this
then copy the files to the system32 directory.

In Cluster Administration on our MS SQL 7.0 Ent. Cluster
Server we dont have the two SQL Cluster ressources:

1) SQL Server 7.0 (SQSRVRES.DLL) and
2) SQL Server Agent 7.0 (SQAGTRES.DLL)

Is it possible to recreate/reconfigure/reinstall the above
Cluster ressources or do I need to make a new MS SQL 7.0
Server installation?

2. Exporting Table From Access 97 -Automating???

3. Multiserver Administration

4. Access Databases and corruption

5. .NET still moving slowly into the Enterprise..

6. Multiserver Administration (MSX)

7. CONSTRAINTS....

8. Multiserver Administration Question

9. Multiserver Administration (MSX)