SQL DDL in SP

SQL DDL in SP

Post by CG » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00



I need to automate creation of a SQL database that includes many tables,
indexes and stored procedures from VB. While I understand how to do much of
this using ADODB and commands, what I really want to do is create a stored
procedure with the DDL and variables to re-name.

When I try to do this I get all sort sof naming conflicts.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

 
 
 

SQL DDL in SP

Post by Aaron Bertrand [MVP » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Take a look at Tools/Generate SQL Scripts in EM

www.aspfaq.com


Quote:> I need to automate creation of a SQL database that includes many tables,
> indexes and stored procedures from VB. While I understand how to do much
of
> this using ADODB and commands, what I really want to do is create a stored
> procedure with the DDL and variables to re-name.

> When I try to do this I get all sort sof naming conflicts.

> Any help or guidance is appreciated.


 
 
 

SQL DDL in SP

Post by CG » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Aaron,

Thanks for the reply but I could not find this on your site?? I got a script
error when I went to your site and I'm not sure the whole menu loaded??

Still interested in the info.

 
 
 

SQL DDL in SP

Post by Aaron Bertrand [MVP » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Quote:> Thanks for the reply but I could not find this on your site??

That's a signature... not a link.

Quote:> I got a script error when I went to your site

Really?  Works fine here.

Quote:> Still interested in the info.

Open Enterprise Manager.  Highlight a database.  Click Tools / Generate SQL
Script... lots of options in there.

www.aspfaq.com

 
 
 

1. How to implement DDL Statements Like ALTER IN SP's

Dear All
I'm creating a table using select into stmt,
i need a extra colum,so i want to alter the table
i'm using alter statement to add the required column
next i'm need to do update operations with the newly added
colum.
during sp compilation it shows error

regards
ManiMaran G

2. "IN" with a variable

3. new design question(repost with ddl and sp)

4. btree percentages at 95%

5. a SP for extracting a tables DDL...

6. SQL CE Northwind Repl Demo - Publisher Changes Always Sent

7. SP:ExecContextHit,SP:CacheMiss,SP:CacheInsert

8. Constraint Checking w/triggers & logging

9. Use SP resultset from another SP (SQL 7)

10. Call an SP in a SP or write the SQL

11. NT Sp vs SQL SP ?

12. SQL Service SP 1, instead of SP 2 /3

13. Modifying a sp in SQL 7 makes the sp becomes unexecutable