Packet size change not supported

Post by Nick » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi

  I'm trying out a supplied package that we currently run on sql6 against a copy
 of the data xferred to sql7. When running the app i get the message 'im006
Packet size change not supported by server default used'...can someone explain
 exactly what this means??

Tia
Nick

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy.

Packet size change not supported

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Nick - this is the "network packet size" that could be configured under SQL 6.x
and below.  Obviously this app is explicitly trying to set it at the client end
and failing.  Just ignore the error or change the app

Quote:>   I'm trying out a supplied package that we currently run on sql6 against a copy
>  of the data xferred to sql7. When running the app i get the message 'im006
> Packet size change not supported by server default used'...can someone explain
>  exactly what this means??

> Tia
> Nick

>  Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/