SQL database for network billing information system

SQL database for network billing information system

Post by geor » Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi, i have been set a little problem at work and was wondering if
anyone out there could help me out by putting me on the right track.
The idea is to propose a system so that a client can get up to the
minute billing info for there propery i.e how much the rates and water
have cost so far etc.

All the information is being sent to a Server from the building
management sever (windows environment) and i have to request the
information from the server, then operate on it using a PC which can
input the cost information then allow the client's PC's to request the
latest information from this pc when they need it.

I am to present this proposal to a project manager stating as much
information as i can about the following topics:

1. Statement of solution
2. Diagram showing components of system
3. Project plan with time scales
4. Benefits of technology proposed (probably TCP/IP protocol and
Internet explorer to request and disay the data if possible)
5. Any software diagrams to be sketched
6. Rough estmates of time scales and develpment time

As i said before, the information is already on the server, so all i
am concerned with is requesting it from the server on to another PC so
the data can be operated on and then can be requested by the clients
PC's.

I have been recommended to use an SQL database outputting to HTML
forms, but i dont know where to go from here.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
George

1. SQL database used for network billing information system

[...]

2. CASE statement bug with strings!?

3. Adding Split Billing to Billing System

4. Update Statistics vs. Drop/Create Index

5. Billing Systems for multi-d databases

6. Small fix for _equalValue() REPOST

7. Position Available: Computer Networking and Information Systems

8. Oracle Update SQL Help

9. CA-Los Gatos-264017--MapInfo-Visual Basic-Database Design-ORACLE-SQL-Senior Geographic Information Systems Analyst

10. WA-SEATTLE-87856--Database Design-C++-MS SQL Server-ORACLE-Information Systems E