User cannot be dropped because the user owns objects

User cannot be dropped because the user owns objects

Post by Ahme » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:10:19

i am getting the error "User cannot be dropped because the user owns
objects"  when i try to delete a user i created a while ago from a DB how
can i remove this user now?

Ahmed

User cannot be dropped because the user owns objects

Post by Jeroen Brau » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:47:51

The user has added a database or objects within a database.
Look who are the database owner and change this to an ID of a logon id you
want to maintain. Than you should be able to delete teh user.

Quote:> i am getting the error "User cannot be dropped because the user owns
> objects"  when i try to delete a user i created a while ago from a DB how
> can i remove this user now?

> Ahmed

User cannot be dropped because the user owns objects

Post by Ahme » Thu, 01 May 2003 01:17:41

Ahh i fixed it it seems that i created a function which belonged to this
login, i simply deleted it and voila!

Ahmed

Quote:> i am getting the error "User cannot be dropped because the user owns
> objects"  when i try to delete a user i created a while ago from a DB how
> can i remove this user now?

> Ahmed

1. cannot drop user owning objects

Hi,
I just restored a database from a backup.  The database dbo comes with some users
embeded that I would like to drop.  I use [sp_dropuser], but some users cannot be
dropped because it owns objects (some stored procedure objects) in the database.
How should I do to drop those users.
Thanks a lot!
Roy

2. Performance Tools

3. Granting Object-privielges with sys-user with not owned Objects

4. Truncate on Checkpoint

5. Problem ( ORA-03113) when dropping user with drop user cascade

6. Programmer Wanted in Phoenix Area

7. Req - How to drop tables owned by a specific user

8. 6.5 to 7 upgrade - multiple errors

9. Q: How to drop multiple tables (owned by non-dba user)

10. User - owns tables but not a user...

11. Find all objects in all databases owned by a given user