Anyone interested?

Post by Peter Wilso » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:58:52

Hi All,

I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone to automatically
create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-tiers using COM+
Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the backend database.

Here's what the program does....
1) You feed in an Access database (or SQL Server database)

2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically generates 3 Visual
Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
*  A User Interface Tier
*  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within Component Services,
or deployed in a web farm.
*  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server

3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project Group is created, so
that a double click will automatically load up all three tiers and you can
start modifying the code to suit.

4) SQL Server scripts are automatically created to help move your Access
database into SQL Server.

For the interested parties,  I have based most of the middle-tier code on
the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great deal of tried and
proven technologies placed into my past projects.

http://www.midar.com/products/codegen.htm

Cheers,

Peter Wilson
MIDAR Pty Ltd

1. Anyone Interested?

Hi Everyone,

I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone to automatically
create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-tiers using COM+
Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the backend database.

Basically I'm looking for a bit of feedback.  Perhaps I'll even allow some
lucky person the privilege of converting their simple access database, into
a full scale client/server application (Win2000 compatible only).  This full
scale client/server application will scale to hundreds, possibly thousands
of simultaneous users... I have not stressed tested it that far.

Here's what the program does....
1) You feed in an Access database.
2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically generates 3 Visual
Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
*  A User Interface Tier
*  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within Component Services,
or deployed in a web farm.
*  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server (or clustered server
arrangement... I have not fully tested yet)
3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project Group is created, so
that a double click will automatically load up all three tiers and you can
start modifying the code to suit.
4) SQLServer scripts are automatically created to help move your Access
database into SQLServer.

Currently I'm working on automating the creation of web site files to add,
delete and search on the tables via the middle tier layer.

I'll probably automate a web service client, which means clients can use the
same application in the office, as at home via the Internet.  All via MS's
new .NET / Web Services stratedgy... etc.

For the interested parties,  I have based most of the middle-tier code on
the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great deal of tried and
proven technologies placed into my past projects.

Well.... anyone interested in this sort of thing?

- Peter

2. datagrid problem

3. Anyone interested in WYSIWYG (XSL based) XML editor

4. SQL SP updates Oracle DB

5. Open source full text indexing, anyone interested?

6. System _WA_Sys Indexes

7. Full text searching, anyone interested?

8. foxpro 2.6 for dos: Code

9. Anyone interested in Testing a Java Dynamic Data Driven Meta System

10. Anyone interested?

11. Anyone Interested in Importer and Admin Utillity

12. Doing ODBC without BDE: Anyone Interested???