Windows NT internal error

Post by Mudita Gupt » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

I faced a problem in SQL server.
After I ran a report, Sql server was hung. I restarted the machine.
SQL server  service was not started.
While I tried to start the service of SQL server, it  gave me error
" Windows NT internal error". Not able  to start SQL server service.

I  was not able to sort out that problem. So I reinstalled SQL server.

Today, when I ran a report, it gave me ODBC error.
I recompiled the stored procedure that was being used by the report.
Then it worked fine.

 Now it seems to be working Ok.

Can anyone tell me what was 'Windows NT internal error'  problem and why
is it needed
to recompile the stored procedure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks
Mudita
INFOZECH

Windows NT internal error

Post by Dwayne K. Lancl » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Hello everybody,

>I faced a problem in SQL server.
>After I ran a report, Sql server was hung. I restarted the machine.
>SQL server  service was not started.
>While I tried to start the service of SQL server, it  gave me error
>" Windows NT internal error". Not able  to start SQL server service.

>I  was not able to sort out that problem. So I reinstalled SQL server.

>Today, when I ran a report, it gave me ODBC error.
>I recompiled the stored procedure that was being used by the report.
>Then it worked fine.

> Now it seems to be working Ok.

>Can anyone tell me what was 'Windows NT internal error'  problem and why
>is it needed
>to recompile the stored procedure?

I've seen the internal NT error crop up before when tempdb was set to be the
wrong size, or model was set too large or had even been deleted.  I think your
problem with the stored procedure was not related, but it may have been a side
effect.

----

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

1. Help - cannot start SQL server - Windows NT Internal error

This is going to be somewhat long and I apologize in advance, but we have a
SQL Server with 15 critical databases which will not start.

Someone added a second processor to our SQL Server last week, but it wasn't
recognizing it.  That person did some research and found that you had to
run a utility found in the NT Resource Kit called Uptomp.exe to have NT
3.51 recognize the second processor.  After running that he basically came
up with a death blue screen.  He tried running the emergency repair disk,
etc. but could not get it to work.

I suggested we upgrade to NT 4.0 (we needed to do it sometime anyway) -
that actually sort of worked - it recognized both processors and we finally
got the right drivers for the NIC card, etc.  The problem is when we try
and start the SQL Server service, it says an "Internal Windows NT error
occurred" - we tried performing an upgrade to SQL server, but when it gets
about 90% through and it tries to start the sql server service we get an
error also.

Does anybody have any ideas of what to try?

Thanks in advance,
Pam

2. Sql error

3. Windows NT internal error

4. Copying cubes from one database to another

5. Error 2140 : an internal Windows NT error occured

6. Problem setting required collation sequence on install

7. error 2140 internal windows Nt error when trying to start OracleOraHomeManagementServer serice

8. storing binary data problem

9. Could not start the MSSQLServer service error 2140 internal Windows NT

10. Windows NT Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

11. 24007-NJ-Warren-PC-Windows 95-Windows NT-SYBASE-Windows NT-ORACLE-Crystal Info-Programmer