Export Null values to Excel cause left shifted values in XLS

Export Null values to Excel cause left shifted values in XLS

Post by VUILLERMET Jacque » Thu, 08 May 2003 19:05:27

With DTS, I export a table with some Null values.

In the resulting XLS file, for a Null value, instead to have the cell blank,
the cell is filled by the value of the just right column ; and all the next
values of the row are shifted to the left.

How to make correspond a Null value with a blank cell ?

Jacques.

Export Null values to Excel cause left shifted values in XLS

Post by Allan Mitchel » Thu, 08 May 2003 19:54:09

Hello, VUILLERMET!

Can you use the ISNULL() function

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

: In the resulting XLS file, for a Null value, instead to have the cell
blank,
: the cell is filled by the value of the just right column ; and all the
next
: values of the row are shifted to the left.

: How to make correspond a Null value with a blank cell ?

      ---  Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000

1. Null values exporting to Excel

I am exporting a table from SQL7 to Excel using DTS.
(I have also tried using BCP and through an Access.)

When I export to excel, some of the rows have null values and the data in the row
will shift to the left one column whenever this happens.  I have resized the
columns to ensure that they are in the wrong columns.  I have also exported to a
text file and then imported to excel and there is no problem with the null values
and the following columns align properly.

Anyone know a reason or a bug that is causing this problem and hopefully a way to
solve this problem and export directly to excel.

Thanks in Advance

2. Berlin (Gerrmany) Oracle DBA

3. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

4. newbie basic questions

5. Null values: Classic null value problem (?)

6. SQL 7.0 Silent ODBC Driver Install

7. Help with Left Join and Null values

8. Null value in datetime causing problem

9. NULL Date Value cause problem in Dimension?

10. Null value in date field causes error 524

11. NULL value when import data from Excel

12. DTS, EXCEL Source and NULL values