Transaction log fills up

Post by Mikael Wedha » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Before (or after) you dump the database, try dumping the transaction log to
device diskdump. This empties the log without saving a backup.

/micke

>Hello SQL users,

>Who can help me with the following,
>We are using sql 6.5 for an imaging program.
>The problem is that when we make a dump of the database, the transaction
log
>is not automatically cleared.
>As a result, the users are not able to log in because the transaction log
>fills up.Please inform me when you have a solution to this problem.Thank
you
>in advance.

1. transaction log filling up and transaction replication

Our transaction log is filling up on the server being replicated to
(subscriber). We tried to backup the db, but it never seems to reach a
checkpoint. I was able to truncate the log, but of course that hosed
replication. What is the strategy for preventing the log from filling up.
Right now we have the db and log set to grow.

Thoughts,
Geoffrey

2. Stored Procedure to create tables

3. transaction log fills every 30 days log file size is 500MB is this normal

4. Update Log

5. Transaction Log Filling Up...HELP!!

6. MS SQL Server 6.0 Extended Stored Procedures

7. Help - Queries filling transaction log

8. RollBack Problems - Is there another way

9. transaction log backup filling drive

10. Transaction log fills up

11. Transaction Log fills up too fast on ALTER COLUMN script

12. Transaction Logs Filling up

13. not filling up the transaction log