NT and sql 6.5 integrated security

Post by Pawel De » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello !

We want to configure our ms sql server 6.5 so it would accept the users of
NT domain without password checking.
But we don't want them to log in onto 'sa' login (what just happens),
because we want to define different permisions for them - we want to define
their own, different logins.
We set the "integrated security" in Security tab of Configuration window of
the server, we have created the local NT group on our NT domain server, but
this group stays invisible for the SQL Server security manager. Members of
earlier NT groups (global ones) have all mapped the 'sa' login.

What can we do ? Please help.

Pawel Dec

NT and sql 6.5 integrated security

Post by root » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You have missed a really important step, you now have to create the
logins and the users. This doesn't happen automatically with MS SQL
6.5. There are stored procs to do it, or you can use the Security
Manager application which is basically a GUI for those procs like
xp_enumgroups and xp_grantlogin, among others. Note your users will
need to login with a trusted connection to be authenticated. If you
still want to allow administration of the MSSQL 6.5 over a non-trusted
connection use "mixed" security.

Quote:>Hello !

>We want to configure our ms sql server 6.5 so it would accept the users of
>NT domain without password checking.
>But we don't want them to log in onto 'sa' login (what just happens),
>because we want to define different permisions for them - we want to define
>their own, different logins.
>We set the "integrated security" in Security tab of Configuration window of
>the server, we have created the local NT group on our NT domain server, but
>this group stays invisible for the SQL Server security manager. Members of
>earlier NT groups (global ones) have all mapped the 'sa' login.

>What can we do ? Please help.

>Pawel Dec

1. NT and ms sql 6.5 integrated security

Hello !

We want to configure our ms sql server 6.5 so it would accept the users of
NT domain without password checking.
But we don't want them to log in onto 'sa' login (what just happens),
because we want to define different permisions for them - we want to define
their own, different logins.
We set the "integrated security" in Security tab of Configuration window of
the server, we have created the local NT group on our NT domain server, but
this group stays invisible for the SQL Server security manager. Members of
earlier NT groups (global ones) have all mapped the 'sa' login.

What can we do ? Please help.

Pawel Dec

2. Data from Oracle8i/SQL+ Incorrect in VB6

3. NT Integrated Security Without SQL Security Manager ?

4. Close della connessione

5. SQL 6.5 and iNTegrated Security

6. Foreign key indexing.

7. Integrated Security and SQL Server 6.5

8. SQL Question

9. Integrated Security on SQL 6.5?

10. SQL 6.5 and iNTegrated Security

11. Integrated Security and SQL Server 6.5

12. SQL 6.5 Integrated Security??

13. change from integrated security to nt only security