Language translation

Post by Maurizi » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:13:46

I have an application using DB library for C. How can I
set the "automatic translation for character data" option ?

Language translation

Post by Erland Sommarsko » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:32:06

[posted and mailed, please reply in news]

> I have an application using DB library for C. How can I
> set the "automatic translation for character data" option ?

There are two ways to control this:

1) From the client machine, using the client network utility. There you
   should check "ANSI/OEM conversion".
2) From within your application you can control this with dbsetopt/dbclropt.
   You can query the state with dbisopt. The options are DBANSItoOEM and
   DBOEMtoANSI.

Note that the MDAC libraries (ODBC and OLE DB) are able to translate
between different ANSI sets, forinstance CP1250 and CP1252. This is not
possible with DB-Library.

I hope you are aware of that Microsoft has put a death spell on DB-Library.
You do not have full support of all datatypes in SQL Server with DB-Library.

--

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at