SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Setup Problem

SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Setup Problem

Post by Frentress William » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:41:20

I was performing an installation of SQL Server 2000
Evaluation Edition, I came across with a full
installation, but the system would not configure the
software.  The error said: setup failed to configure the
server. Refer to the server error logs and
C:\Windows\sqlstp.log for info. If anyone can help me I
would appreciate the favor.  My current system:  Windows
XP, Celeron 1300Mhz, 128MB of RAM, 23.4G of Hard Drive
Space, 17.4 of free Hard drive space.

SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Setup Problem

Post by Jasper Smit » Sat, 03 May 2003 01:23:07

If you can post C:\Windows\sqlstp.log it will help

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> I was performing an installation of SQL Server 2000
> Evaluation Edition, I came across with a full
> installation, but the system would not configure the
> software.  The error said: setup failed to configure the
> server. Refer to the server error logs and
> C:\Windows\sqlstp.log for info. If anyone can help me I
> would appreciate the favor.  My current system:  Windows
> XP, Celeron 1300Mhz, 128MB of RAM, 23.4G of Hard Drive
> Space, 17.4 of free Hard drive space.

1. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Hi friends,

Im have done my Uni final year project using SQL 2000 evalauation edition,
now  the evaluation edition had expired, I had search the web for the
solution and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/5/74.ASP but it says,
run the setup from a retail version of SQL 2000 CD and Select the "Upgrade
your existing installation" option. When i run the setup using the developer
edition, that option was disabled in the setup screen, i only can either do
a New Instance setup or Advance setup.

Can anyone pls help me out in this, i need to recover my database so badly..

Thanking in advance
muraly

2. "SQL Engine Terminated Unexpectedly"... FAQs?

3. Newbie's Connection Problem: SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition

4. Crystal 4.0/Jet 2.5 Problem - Please help!

5. HELP! SQL SERVER 2000 personal edition setup problem

6. Windows Authentication Only -- How to?

7. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Release A (Protects Against the Slammer Worm)

8. ADO Newbie (trying !!!)

9. Downloading Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation edition

10. To rotate Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition in Windows 98 IF

11. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Fails

12. How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

13. SQL Server 2000 evaluation edition