unable to read login packet!

Post by BHar » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Did anyone find a fix to the above?  I just finished installing 6.0 on a
new server, under NT 3.51, and it kept accumulating the same message
over and over on the Event Log.  The SP3, did not seem to work, and will
try the SP5 of NT.  My network is Banyan.

Thanks a much!
Bud

unable to read login packet!

Post by John Berr » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I get those fairly often on an IPX/SPX environment.  I ignore them, since I
think on the user side it basically looks like a failed login.  I think they
happen with unreliable network connections (often with a WAN), so you may
want to check network cabling, hub, NICs, routers, etc for problems.

John Berry.