limit search result display on web page??

limit search result display on web page??

Post by Marc Esse » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi people,

we are currently building an ASP/VBScript web page that searches records in
an Access DB using ODBC.

Problem: the number of hits can be several 100 or more, so we need to use
some "25-at-a-time" mechanism.

Constraints:
1. Using session variables to hold the data would flood our server's memory
(just pointers to files or records could be ok.)
2. the solution should be simpler than implementing a full web crawler

So far we intend to count all hits, then have the browser display a
confirmation dialog with the total number of hits. If accepted, we would
send the data over, displaying another confirmation dialog in the client
browser every 25 records.

Better ideas, pointers, code samples, etc would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

*************************
please reply by email
*************************

Regards,
Marc Esser

1. Display links to other pages in web search results

I've got a db of about 1500 records that I'm going to be publishing using
web companion.  Is there any way to get FMP to display links to all the
search results pages as with other search engines?  i.e. say my search finds
150 records, and the CDML is set to display 15 records per page, that's 10
pages.  Can FMP display links to the other pages such as [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
[6] [7] [8] [9] [10]  ???

--
Ted Mount
Target Media - Document Imaging Bureau

2. Kimball's Aggregate Navigator

3. Help needed optimizing display of search results in a web page

4. create new tablespace (redhat linux 6.2 + oracle 8i)

5. web search with summarized results/web pages

6. How to update data table on the server

7. Displaying multiple pages of search results

8. How do I display search results across pages???

9. sql query to display search engine paging results

10. displaying search results in a page with frames

11. Displaying results on a web page

12. Displaying MDX Results on a web page