Output Custom LOg file in DTS???

Post by Jim Gearhar » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been doing some work with SQL Server 7 Beta and am in need of some
assistance.

How can I output information to an external file from within a SQL statement
which is embedded in a DTS package.  I have a package that executes 30 or so
SQL statements and I want to report statistics such as time, date, and
records affected.  It seems that the solution should be straightforward but
I haven't found a solution yet.  ANy suggestions?

thanks in advance,

-JG

1. Output Custom Log File in SQL Server 7

Hi,

I have been doing some work with SQL Server 7 Beta and am in need of some
assistance.

How can I output information to an external file from within a SQL statement
which is embedded in a DTS package.  I have a package that executes 30 or so
SQL statements and I want to report statistics such as time, date, and
records affected.  It seems that the solution should be straightforward but
I haven't found a solution yet.  ANy suggestions?

thanks in advance,

-JG

2. embedded sql in C

3. Output custom log file in SQL Server 7

4. Enterprise Manager

5. DTS Custom task in C# and threading model of DTS C# custom tasks

6. Programmer for Hire (Independent Contractor): SQL VB, VB OLE Server, VC, Access, and Excel.

7. Stored Procedure, Email and a log file (or an output file)

8. Precompiler problems

9. Writing Log Data from a DTS Custom

10. How to create a custom txt file in DTS to migrate data

11. Creating a custom error log file

12. IF/Else Output to log files