sp_OASetProperty & CDONOTS New Mail

Post by Paul » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:39:46

Help!

We've recently upgraded to SQL Server 2000 (service pack
2) from SQL Server 7.  One of our applications sends mail
using CDONTS, but has now stopped working. There seems to
be an error when it assigns the BODY parameter of the
CDONOTS NewMail object

Under SQL Server 7, the following worked fine:

of HTML.

Under SQL Server 2000 it fails with the message:

    Source: ODSOLE Extended Procedure

Service Pack 2 has stopped the SQL Service from crashing,
but it still produces this error.

Any help would be great!

Paul...

sp_OASetProperty & CDONOTS New Mail

Post by Russell Field » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:04:11

Paul,

I never use CDONTS, but have you changed your server to Windows 2000 at the
same time?  If so, I know that there is a CDOSYS for Win2K.

Russell Fields

> Help!

> We've recently upgraded to SQL Server 2000 (service pack
> 2) from SQL Server 7.  One of our applications sends mail
> using CDONTS, but has now stopped working. There seems to
> be an error when it assigns the BODY parameter of the
> CDONOTS NewMail object

> Under SQL Server 7, the following worked fine:

> of HTML.

> Under SQL Server 2000 it fails with the message:

>     Source: ODSOLE Extended Procedure

> Service Pack 2 has stopped the SQL Service from crashing,
> but it still produces this error.

> Any help would be great!

> Paul...

1. sp_OASetProperty and sp_OASetProperty

IAm trying to access a function (from a .DLL) with both a input and
output part, like;

GETRATE(currency_from, currency_to,rate)

where currency_from can be "USD" and currency_to is "NOK". The
function returned the exechange rate in the RATE variable. How do I
use sp_OASetProperty and sp_OASetProperty here? I tried to use is like
this;

sp_OASetProperty "USD","NOK", Null

without any luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks!! for any help

-- Espen Joranger - Norway

2. CT-lib: stored procedure results

3. XP & Creating New Mail

4. Progress version on NT

5. SQL: Mail & SMTP (Lotus Notes mail interface)

6. IL-CHICAGO-58105--Client/Server-Internet-Intranet-Project Management-Communicati

7. Mail clients & SQL Mail

8. jibrish in sqlplus opening window.

9. SQL Mail & Internet mail

10. news?msg@9446@comp.mail.pine&irina&virus (fwd)

11. Direсеrtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

12. adding new records & new record

13. sp_OASetProperty limit in SQL2000