Low Performance SQL Server 6.5 !!

Post by Javidni » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

We have a software system powered by SQL Server 6.5 on NT 4.0.
We have encountered a new situation in the last week twice, and that is
decreasing of speed of the Database.
Our queries get two slow to execute. But this situation does not exist on
the server itself and queries are executed normally on the server itself.
(we have used ISQL to examine the query execution speed on both clients and
server).
While the network traffic is low the query execution time is too high.
For the first time, the problem disapeared eventually and we did not find
anything about the problem, and now at the second time, we don't know what
to do. Please help us.
Thank you.

Low Performance SQL Server 6.5 !!

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

What netlib are you using? Are you on Novell?

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> We have a software system powered by SQL Server 6.5 on NT 4.0.