SQL Server 2000 Setup Procedure on Windows Server 2003

SQL Server 2000 Setup Procedure on Windows Server 2003

Post by Po-Shan Chan » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:55:54

Hi,
I'm setting up my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 Server
Enterprise Edition.

Here are my steps after successfully installed Windows 2003:

1. Install SQL Server 2000 Components
2. Install SQL Server 2000 Components SP3a
3. Install SQL Server 2000 MSDE
4. Install SQL Server 2000 MSDE SP3a

Reboot the system.
I got the error message of
"Your SQL Server installation is either corrupted or has been tampered with
(unknown package id). Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct the
problem."

My SQL Server service can not be started, even manually.

Please let me know if you see any problem here.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks again.

1. SQL 2000 Server SP3 and Windows Server 2003

Hello.,
I'm trying to apply the SP3 on Windows Server 2003, but i
always get a error that the setup can not login on
sqlserver, maybe this is because windows disable the
ports i can see this on the event viewer, so what i have
to do to install the SP3 or to enable the sqlserver to
run on Windows Server to apply the SP3.
Thanks.,

Alex

2. Using a correct NOT statement

3. Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

4. Great Job Opportunities

5. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

6. Comparing text fields

7. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003

8. Multi-user Success Stories?

9. SQL 2000 Setup on Win Server 2003 Web - not working

10. Server 2003 and SQL 2000 setup problem

11. SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Enterprise

12. Windows 2003 and SQL Server 2000

13. Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM