odbc error

Post by Chuck Howi » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:22:31

Hello, I am tring to figure out why this is not working...I have created a
Linked server to a Paradox Database...I am able to query some of the tables
using:

select * from assist.[t:\]..custbill

but when I attempt it on other tables...ie

select * from assist.[t:]..nainvhdr

i get this error

Server: Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Could not obtain the schema rowset for OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL'. The
provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated
errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.]

...any ideas....my head is sore from pounding it on the desk!
thanks
chuck howie

odbc error

Post by Chuck Howi » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:23:53

Hello, I am tring to figure out why this is not working...I have created a
Linked server to a Paradox Database...I am able to query some of the tables
using:

select * from assist.[t:\]..custbill

but when I attempt it on other tables...ie

select * from assist.[t:]..nainvhdr

i get this error

Server: Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Could not obtain the schema rowset for OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL'. The
provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated
errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.]

...any ideas....my head is sore from pounding it on the desk!
thanks
chuck howie

odbc error

Post by Chuck Howi » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:20:43

Hi Chuck.

Try This,

Select  *
From
    OpenRowset('MSDASQL','DSN-
NAME','USERNAME';'PASSWORD','select * from assist.
[t:\]..custbill')

Best Regards,
Adriano

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello, I am tring to figure out why this is not

working...I have created a
Quote:>Linked server to a Paradox Database...I am able to query
some of the tables
>using:

>select * from assist.[t:\]..custbill

>but when I attempt it on other tables...ie

>select * from assist.[t:]..nainvhdr

>i get this error

>Server: Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
>Could not obtain the schema rowset for OLE DB

provider 'MSDASQL'. The
Quote:>provider supports the interface, but returns a failure

code when it is used.
Quote:>[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB