Truncate transaction logs

Post by dave fille » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:47:46

what is the procedure to truncate or backup a transaction
logs.

Truncate transaction logs

Post by dave fille » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:47:49

what is the procedure to truncate or backup a transaction
logs.

Truncate transaction logs

Post by Eric Weinraub[M » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:11:42

Truncating a log is usually done by setting the 'truncate log on
checkpoint' database option.  Backup of the log is done with the backup
command.  See Books OnLine for more details of both.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Truncate transaction logs

Post by Jun Chen[M » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:35:08

Hi,

You can use Enterpirse Manager to backup/truncate transaction log. Right
click the database name and choose All Tasks->Backup Database or Truncate
Log.

Or you may use "Backup log" command. For more information, please refer to
the books online.

Thanks,
Jun Chen

1. Truncate log on Checkpoint vs. Truncate Transaction Log

I'm importing a largish amount of data (5M+ rows in 25K batches) but
don't care about recovering if an error happens.  I imagine that
specifying the database with the "Truncate Log on Checkpoint" option
would be slower than issuing  "DUMP TRANSACTION WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY" or
NO_LOG.  I know it's splitting hairs, but I'm really trying to reduce
the time on this process.

Any comments?  Thanks.

jon moorman

2. I had to try it!

3. Does log backup truncate transaction log?

4. MS Access driver problems

5. Truncating Transaction Log

6. *** import table from access into SQL7.0 via ADO (ODBC) ***

7. Truncate Transaction log?

8. Transcender Exam for 70-028 and 70-029

9. Truncate Transaction log

10. how to truncate transaction log space and clear the physical size

11. TRuncating Transaction Log

12. How truncate transaction logs?

13. truncate transaction log?