Network Appliance filers SQL

Post by Carl Waldro » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
environment.   We are looking into this as a solution for our
Microsoft and Oracle databases, but I have serious reservations about
mounting database files across a network.

 Anyone doing this?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

Thanks,

Carl

1. Network Appliance filers SQL

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
environment.   We are looking into this as a solution for our
Microsoft and Oracle databases, but I have serious reservations about
mounting database files across a network.

 Anyone doing this?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

Thanks,

Carl

2. pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/Tag: oc/src/sgml/REL ...

3. Access BOL from another partition

4. Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

5. very funny

6. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

7. GUI's for Pick - Are there any good ones ?

8. SQL 2000 running on a Network Appliance 820 filer

9. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

10. Network Appliance Filers

11. Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer