SQL Server Internal Error

Post by newbi » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 04:42:33

Hi all,

My stored procedure is returning 'SQL Server Internal
Error'.  Does anyone know what it is?

The same stored procedure is running fine in other
databases. The table schemas are also the same.

Thanks, Anna

SQL Server Internal Error

Post by Simon Lidber » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 18:14:03

Do you mean that the procedure is running ok on another SQL Server or is it
running ok in another database on this specific server.

If you are dealing with two different servers make sure that you are running
on the same service pack level.

Best Regards
Simon Lidberg

Quote:> Hi all,

> My stored procedure is returning 'SQL Server Internal
> Error'.  Does anyone know what it is?

> The same stored procedure is running fine in other
> databases. The table schemas are also the same.

> Thanks, Anna

SQL Server Internal Error

Post by Hari Ramachandr » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 04:43:58

Anna,

Which version of SQL server are you using? Some of the "internal sql server
error" messages are fixed in the latest SQL service packs as discussed in:

Q230268 FIX: ANSI Join with DATEDIFF in the SELECT May Return Error 8624
Q245631 FIX: Error Message "8624 - Internal SQL Server Error"
Q286249 FIX: Complex Update Statement Returns 8624 Internal SQL Srv. Err
Q259141 FIX:8624 Error Might Occur When You Modify Table w/ Complex Qry.
Q290817 FIX: Error 8624 May Occur with Subquery that Contains Aggregate

These articles can be accessed from search.microsoft.com or
support.microsoft.com

If the error is happening on the same server but on different databases, it
may be because of the different data sets in the tables. You may want to
use SQL profiler to see where exactly the problem is happening in your
stored procedure or by running the stored procedure in steps.

See if your SQL code has any of the patterns discussed in the above
articles. Most of these issues are fixed by SQL 7 SP3 and SQL 2000 SP1, so
if you have an older version you may want to upgrade to the latest service
packs.

Hope this helps.

Hari Ramachandran MCSE, MCDBA
Support Engineer, Microsoft

1. SQL Server : Internal Error

I keep getting the following error when ever i try running
sp_makewebtask, can anybody tell me how to fix this
problem?

Server : Msg 16874, Level 11, State 1
SQL Web Assistant : Internal error, cannot translate to
the specified code page..

All the databases and sql server are of the same code
page..

This is SQL 7.0 Machine

Thanks
Dave R.

2. Error 1541

3. SQL Server Internal Error

4. Oracle Power Objects training - almost anywhere!

5. SQL Server : Internal Error

6. shrink DB and Device

7. SQL Server Internal error

8. SQL-Book wanted

9. sql server internal error when using Delete with 2 joins gives

10. [SQL Server]Internal error --

11. SQL Server bug 2 - Internal server error

12. Internal SQL Error with SQL server 7

13. Error 2502 - INTERNAL USE ONLY - Internal error (SRV INE)