Snapshot agent fails !!! Pls Pls Help

Post by Bassa » Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello everybody

Im using SQL 7.0 SP2 with NT4 Svr SP4
I did Transactional Repl. successfully, no problem
When trying to do a Merge replication, after creating the publication
successfully, the merge agent starts to work, then an error called:
xpresultset:unable to establish a bound connection back to server
occures, i don't know what that means, if there are any problems connecting
distribution DB with publisher, i should 've been occured in Transactional
Replication too but it did'nt. also MS is saying that the course of Snapshot
replication is the same in Trans. Repl and Merge Repl., then why it succedds
in one and fails in the other?

If any one can help me on this then will be very appreciated..

Bassam

Snapshot agent fails !!! Pls Pls Help

Post by tigh.. » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Bassam,

I do not understand some of your post.  But I have some suggestions
anyway.  Setup a transactional (or even a snapshot) replication again
and see if you get an error or not.  Make this new replication use the
same paths and login IDs as the merge replication that does not work.

If no error then it is definitely merge replication.  If you get the
same error then you know that something has changed since the time when
transactional replication was working.

If you know that something has changed since the time that
transactional replication was working then maybe the thing that changed
is causing your problem.

Good Luck,

-John

Quote:> Hello everybody

> Im using SQL 7.0 SP2 with NT4 Svr SP4
> I did Transactional Repl. successfully, no problem
> When trying to do a Merge replication, after creating the publication
> successfully, the merge agent starts to work, then an error called:
> xpresultset:unable to establish a bound connection back to server
> occures, i don't know what that means, if there are any problems
> connecting distribution DB with publisher, i should 've been occured
> in Transactional Replication too but it did'nt. also MS is saying
> that the course of Snapshot replication is the same in Trans. Repl
> and Merge Repl., then why it succedds in one and fails in the other?

> If any one can help me on this then will be very appreciated..

> Bassam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SQL Agent MAIL FAIL pls help !!!!

Hi
I've configure mapi profile - MS outlook 2000 client and test is ok
I send notifications and appropriate mail recieves them but for a while
I recieve 2 or 3 ,may be 5-6 e-mails and then all that stops  - i do not
recieve anything ...
when i make the test on given operator i recieve error :SQL Server Agent
Error 22022:
"The file *.pst could not be accessed because another workstation has
modified it.close and restrart all mail-enable applications" and this is my
hell i can trust an SQL Server
if i get this i must restart sql server agent and everything is fine
...until it breaks again

Can someone tell me where is the problem .I notice that mapisp2 process is
active when i recieve this error

thanks

2. problem in using ADO library

3. Data replication pls pls help

4. Informix Metacube

5. Help pls, Give me some hints pls

6. Revert from SQL 7 to SQL 6.5

7. Give me some hints pls, Help pls

8. SYSTEM.MDA locked up by app

9. Problem connecting to Access2000 database...pls, pls help.

10. Help pls, Give me some hints pls

11. Data replication with Access pls pls help

12. Pls Help: Recover snapshot after the refresh group is broken

13. SNMP Agent Setup - Pls help