Codepage translation with SQLServer ODBC 3.6/3.7

Codepage translation with SQLServer ODBC 3.6/3.7

Post by Christoph Fran » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,
we have a problem with codepage translation using the 3.6.x or 3.7.x SQL
Server ODBC drivers to a SQL Server 6.5. The client program we use, is a
16-bit Windows application using codepage 850. The SQL Server runs codepage
1252 (ISO 8859-1; we cannot change this). There are other modules of the
software using also codepage 1252. So the german umlauts are not shown
right. We use this client software also with ORACLE 7.3.4, where we can
force a codepage translation via SQL*Net or the ODBC drivers, which both
works fine.

In ODBC drivers version 2.5 there was the possibility to force a codepage
translation via the translation Dll 'MSCPXL32.DLL'. In version 3.6.x drivers
there was an option to do that, but we never got it running. In version
3.7.x drivers, there's no option anymore. Only the 'AutoOemToAnsi' option in
the client configuration or driver setup is available, but doesn't realize,
that there are different codepages in use.

Has anyone experience with that? Is there any possibility to force a
codepage translation?

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Frank
Progrevo GmbH

1. ODBC 3.7 Codepage Translation

Hi there,
I have the need to force a codepage translation between a Windows 32-bit
client program and a SQL Server 6.5 via SQL Server ODBC 3.7 (MDAC 2.1). The
problem is, that the client and the server are running with the same
codepage (1252), but a third program feeds the server with codepage 850
characters (and I cannot make a translation in this connection cause it's
native, not via ODBC).

In SQL Server ODBC driver 2.x there was a possibilty to setup a translation
DLL (e.g. mscpxl32.dll) to do the translation. In Version 3.7 I miss this
option - there's only a check button for 'automatic conversion' which only
works if client and server uses different codepages.

How can I force a translation? Who can help me?

Thanks,
Christoph

--
Christoph Frank
Progrevo GmbH

2. Linked server question

3. Rollback ODBC SQL server driver from 3.70 to 3.60

4. Data Input

5. Centura Team Developer connectivity with SQL Server 7.0, ODBC 3.7

6. As I convert a type of data nvarchar for datetime.

7. Will ODBC 3.7 client driver work with sql 2000 server

8. formlauncher minimize problem

9. ODBC 3.7 driver

10. ODBC 3.7 to MS_SQL 6.5 connection

11. How to install ODBC driver 3.7 for SQL Server 7.0

12. Installing new SQL Server ODBC 3.7

13. Problems with ODBC Driver 3.7