Big Big Problem !!!

Post by Wayne Snyde » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:30:31

SQL Server 6.5 MUSt be installed on the box FIRST, then you may install sql 2000, and do the upgrade... HOwever you may point the upgrade wizard to another different  SQL 6.5 box and upgrade a 6.5 server remotely.

--
Wayne Snyder, SQL Server MVP
Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), C*te, NC

I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its community.
www.sqlpass.org

I support the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) and its user community of SQL Server Professionals.
www.sqlpass.org

Big Big Problem !!!

Post by W.K. » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:36:18

Ok ... Thank you..
       That meet I can install SQL Server 6.5 into Windows 2000 Server. Is it right.
Thank you...

  SQL Server 6.5 MUSt be installed on the box FIRST, then you may install sql 2000, and do the upgrade... HOwever you may point the upgrade wizard to another different  SQL 6.5 box and upgrade a 6.5 server remotely.

  --
  Wayne Snyder, SQL Server MVP
  Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), C*te, NC
  www.computeredservices.com

  I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its community.
  www.sqlpass.org

  I support the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) and its user community of SQL Server Professionals.
  www.sqlpass.org

Big Big Problem !!!

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:05:34

Yes
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://www.veryComputer.com/

  Ok ... Thank you..
         That meet I can install SQL Server 6.5 into Windows 2000 Server. Is it right.
  Thank you...

    SQL Server 6.5 MUSt be installed on the box FIRST, then you may install sql 2000, and do the upgrade... HOwever you may point the upgrade wizard to another different  SQL 6.5 box and upgrade a 6.5 server remotely.

    --
    Wayne Snyder, SQL Server MVP
    Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), C*te, NC
    www.computeredservices.com

    I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its community.
    www.sqlpass.org

    I support the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) and its user community of SQL Server Professionals.
    www.sqlpass.org

Big Big Problem !!!

Post by Gautam Udeshi ( » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:15:47

Check the following document for details on upgrading from SQL 6.5 to
SQL2000
http://www.veryComputer.com/

--------------------

| Subject: Re: Big Big Problem !!!
| Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:36:18 +0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.server
|
| Ok ... Thank you..
|        That meet I can install SQL Server 6.5 into Windows 2000 Server.
Is it right.
| Thank you...
|

|   SQL Server 6.5 MUSt be installed on the box FIRST, then you may install
sql 2000, and do the upgrade... HOwever you may point the upgrade wizard to
another different  SQL 6.5 box and upgrade a 6.5 server remotely.
|   --
|   Wayne Snyder, SQL Server MVP
|   Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), C*te, NC
|   www.computeredservices.com
|   I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its community.
|   www.sqlpass.org
|   I support the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) and its
user community of SQL Server Professionals.
|   www.sqlpass.org

Regards
Gautam Udeshi
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

1. QReport : BIG BIG Problem with memo-fields !!!

Hi, I'm Nico Sommeling from the Netherlands.

Searching the Internet I came accoss QuickReport and I must say, it's a nice
piece of work!
There is however one problem I have that keeps me from using it seriously. If my
problem really is a bug, I don't thing anyone would be using it!

My problem is this :

I have a QReport-form with a simple report based on one Paradox 5.0 table.
This report is built with QReport version 1.0D and Delphi 1.0cs.
All fields are Arial 10 pitch.
The report contains one memo-field, and that is the one causing the problems!

Since QReport doesn't have a QrDBMemo-field I used a QrDBText-field (according to
the help-file this also prints memo-fields).
The QrDBText-field lacks a WordWrap-property, so i have to leave that to QReport.

And that's the problem : it does not wordwrap correctly, parts of my text (at the
end of each line) disappear.
This is not due to printing outside the printable zone of my printer, because a
field placed behind the memo-field is printed alright.
In preview mode it seems to be OK!

The problem is reproducable on a :
HP Laserjet III
HP Laserjet IIIsi
HP Laserjet IV

Is this a QReport problem / bug ?
Is this a printer (HP) problem ?
Is this a BIG mistake on my behalf ?
   (Wrong property set (I experimented with AUTOSIZE of the rDBText-fld
     and the PRINTSCALE and SCALED properties of the form))

The report also discards the font-property on some of the printers, printing the
report in fairly large letters. Maybe this can be a hint to solving my problem.

I am evaluating QReport at the moment, and this problem could mean that i am not
going to use it anymore.

The application i have (a memo field on a report) is so common, that i cannot
imagine that noone has solved this problem before me, so Delphi-community :
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!

Delphi is great!
spread the word.

Greetz,
Nic.

2. can't find oracle.jdbc, java.sql packages

3. Big, big problems.

4. oracle thesis

5. BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG problem with SQL Server 2000 ENT. SP2 installed on Windows 2000 server when use xp_SendMail, xp_StartMail

6. replication

7. Big Big DAO problems... Please help

8. Nederland-238950--MS ACCESS-Visual Basic-ORACLE-C-C++-PowerBuilder-Delphi-SQL-(Ervaren) Programmeurs op ClientServer gebied

9. I AM a big big boy!

10. Clustered Composite Index Is Big...too Big?

11. Tables: How big is too big?

12. Transaction Log getting bigger and bigger

13. How big is too big for MS SQL database