isql error on the command line.

Post by bostongolfe » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:58:17

I have written the following in a batch file:

isql -S Trees -U admin -P admin -d play -q update
name_main set stop_mail = 'N' where stop_mail is null

when I run the batch I get an error about name_main being
an invalid option.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help
Fred

isql error on the command line.

Post by Steve Thompso » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:31:43

Quote:> I have written the following in a batch file:

> isql -S Trees -U admin -P admin -d play -q “update
> name_main set stop_mail = 'N' where stop_mail is null”

> when I run the batch I get an error about name_main being
> an invalid option.

Do you get the same error using OSQL?

Steve

isql error on the command line.

Post by Scott Morri » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:47:21

Your query string contains an embedded space - wrap the string in quotes.

Quote:> I have written the following in a batch file:

> isql -S Trees -U admin -P admin -d play -q “update
> name_main set stop_mail = 'N' where stop_mail is null”

> when I run the batch I get an error about name_main being
> an invalid option.

> Any ideas?
> Thanks for your help
> Fred

isql error on the command line.

Post by bostongolfe » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:51:13

That was it Scott. It solved it.

Thanks