Run time error 3073 -Operation must use an updatable query

Run time error 3073 -Operation must use an updatable query

Post by Rick » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm getting the above error when attempting a DELETE or UPDATE (but INSERT
is OK)
This is a new installation, running NTServer 4.0 and SQLServer 6.5.
What is my most likely problem?  I've opened the permissions in SQL and the
database appears to be writeable.
I'm using OpenDatabase () syntax in Visual Basic5.0.
Any ideas?
/Rick

Run time error 3073 -Operation must use an updatable query

Post by Erik Blaickne » Wed, 21 Oct 1998 04:00:00

If You use an ODBC-Connection the tables must have an unique index -
otherwise you can't update or
delete rows. If you directely link the tables into an Access Database you
are prompted to select an unique Field if no unique index exists. If you
ignore the message you also can't update or delete.

Quote:>I'm getting the above error when attempting a DELETE or UPDATE (but INSERT