SQL (ODBC) and Firewall

SQL (ODBC) and Firewall

Post by Stefan Leopoldsede » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:17:33



Hi Freaks!

I have a SQL Server (LAN). This Server is behind a firewall. The IIS ist in
the DMZ. Witch prot I moust open to get a ODBC conntection to the SQL
server.

Thanks
__
Stefan Leopoldseder

Web: http://www.issl.at

 
 
 

SQL (ODBC) and Firewall

Post by Psych » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:20:16


If you are using a sonicwall Firewall
open up access to ports

TCP Port 5631
UDP Port 5632


> Hi Freaks!

> I have a SQL Server (LAN). This Server is behind a firewall. The IIS ist
in
> the DMZ. Witch prot I moust open to get a ODBC conntection to the SQL
> server.

> Thanks
> __
> Stefan Leopoldseder

> Web: http://www.issl.at


 
 
 

SQL (ODBC) and Firewall

Post by User » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:10:21


TCP 1433


> Hi Freaks!

> I have a SQL Server (LAN). This Server is behind a firewall. The IIS ist
in
> the DMZ. Witch prot I moust open to get a ODBC conntection to the SQL
> server.

> Thanks
> __
> Stefan Leopoldseder

> Web: http://www.issl.at

 
 
 

SQL (ODBC) and Firewall

Post by Stefan Leopoldsede » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:36:01


Hi!
Yes it is a sonicwall. I have open the ports but it doesn`t work. Are there
any other ports I must open?



> If you are using a sonicwall Firewall
> open up access to ports

> TCP Port 5631
> UDP Port 5632



> > Hi Freaks!

> > I have a SQL Server (LAN). This Server is behind a firewall. The IIS ist
> in
> > the DMZ. Witch prot I moust open to get a ODBC conntection to the SQL
> > server.

> > Thanks
> > __
> > Stefan Leopoldseder

> > Web: http://www.issl.at

 
 
 

SQL (ODBC) and Firewall

Post by waila.. » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:36:31


There is a technote at the SonicWALL website about this:

go to www.sonicwall.com, hit the support link, and then hit the FAQ link.

search for technote #10230
(Allowing access from a DMZ server to a LAN computer)

This requires that the IIS webserver on the DMZ can be pointed manuall to
the public address of the SQL server on the LAN.

Configuring Internet servers on my network

Public LAN Server: Easy way for configuring servers in NAT mode(10144)

One-to-One NAT: Configuring servers with more flexibility on a LAN(10151)

Configuring servers on the LAN in Standard mode(10152)

Configuring a server on the DMZ port(10203)
                              How do I test my internet servers?(10206)

How do I configure the SonicWall for servers on the WAN segment?(10220)

Allowing access from a DMZ server to a LAN computer(10230)



> Hi!
> Yes it is a sonicwall. I have open the ports but it doesn`t work. Are there
> any other ports I must open?



> > If you are using a sonicwall Firewall
> > open up access to ports

> > TCP Port 5631
> > UDP Port 5632



> > > Hi Freaks!

> > > I have a SQL Server (LAN). This Server is behind a firewall. The IIS ist
> > in
> > > the DMZ. Witch prot I moust open to get a ODBC conntection to the SQL
> > > server.

> > > Thanks
> > > __
> > > Stefan Leopoldseder

> > > Web: http://www.issl.at

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

1. %FIREWALL% %FIREWALL% %FIREWALL%

I am trying to get my web server which is outside our firewall to
communicate wit our SQL server which is inside the firewall.
I ran the SQL setup utilty and enabled support for TCP/IP.
i accepted the default port of 1433.
I then set up a packet filter on the firewall called MSSQL on port
1433.
I then intend to set up a rule allowing traffic only from the web
server to the SQL server on this filter.

Is there anything else i should consider ???

2. Create a BitBtn with 2 Glyphs?

3. FIREWALL: advice on firewall for SQL

4. US-NC-Access developer (Access 7.0, VBA, Visual Basic 4.0) DB Basics, Inc. #161

5. How to export data from Oracle which unders Firewall to SQL Server 7 which outside Firewall

6. Trying to re-org device architechture

7. SQL Server, ODBC and firewall port

8. ODBC through Firewall to SQL v6.5

9. ODBC Connection for SQL servers through firewall

10. ODBC through firewall to SQL

11. ODBC and Firewall

12. ODBC Connections fail over firewall with fix