Problem in importing or exporting tables

Problem in importing or exporting tables

Post by Sidz » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:40:44

Hi Everyone,

    I have tried to import/export tables on one server to
different server.

    My problem is "some tables are not imported/exported"
successfully. I got the error message
"Error at destination for row number 1. Errors encountered
so far in this task: 1. Query-Based insertion or Updating
of BLOB value is not supported."

    Can anyone please help me to get out of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sidz

Problem in importing or exporting tables

Post by [MS] Simon Li » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:02:17

Hi,

Which version u r using?

Does any primary key exist in the tables? If not, try to add pK in them and
then re-try it again.

--- Simon Liao

Please reply only to the newsgroups. When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE
TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which can be cut and pasted into Query
Analyzer is appreciated.

--------------------

| Subject: Problem in importing or exporting tables
| Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:40:44 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect
|
| Hi Everyone,
|
|     I have tried to import/export tables on one server to
| different server.
|
|     My problem is "some tables are not imported/exported"
| successfully. I got the error message
| "Error at destination for row number 1. Errors encountered
| so far in this task: 1. Query-Based insertion or Updating
| of BLOB value is not supported."
|
|     Can anyone please help me to get out of this problem.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Regards,
| Sidz

Problem in importing or exporting tables

Post by Sidz » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:38:18

Hi Simon Liao,

   Thank you for your reply.
   I am using SQL 7 . One of the two tables I could not
export/import consist primary key as well.
   Anyway, It was solved by deleting database and creating
new database at destination.

Regards,
Sidz

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Which version u r using?

>Does any primary key exist in the tables? If not, try to
add pK in them and
>then re-try it again.

>--- Simon Liao

>Please reply only to the newsgroups. When posting,

inclusion of SQL (CREATE
>TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which can be cut and pasted
into Query
>Analyzer is appreciated.

confers no rights.

>--------------------

>| Subject: Problem in importing or exporting tables
>| Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:40:44 -0800

Quote:>| MIME-Version: 1.0
>| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect

cpmsftngxa10!cpmsftngxa07
Quote:>| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com

microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect:25320
Quote:>| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect

>| Hi Everyone,
>|
>|     I have tried to import/export tables on one server
>| different server.
>|
>|     My problem is "some tables are not
imported/exported"
>| successfully. I got the error message
>| "Error at destination for row number 1. Errors
encountered
>| so far in this task: 1. Query-Based insertion or
Updating
>| of BLOB value is not supported."
>|
>|     Can anyone please help me to get out of this
problem.

>| Thanks in advance.
>|
>| Regards,
>| Sidz
>|

>.

1. Creating a table from VC++ using stored in Access import/export table specification

I have import/export table specification saved in an Access 95 database. I
am trying from VC++ to create a table that will use the saved specification
and link it to a text file to import the data from the text file. I am
trying to create the table using the CDaoTableDef DAO object. From what I
have read it seems to me that if CDaoTableDef is used there are only to
options available:
    1. To create a new table that is connected to an external text file
    2. To open an existing table.
I am still looking for a straight forward way to create the table from the
import/export specifications.

2. What's the meaning of: EXEC index_cleanup table1

3. Database Export : Dump Tables and Stored Procedures for Later Import

4. Partitioning question

5. Importing/exporting table via Query Analyzer

6. How to add mdf file without script

7. DTS in VB (Importing and exporting tables)

8. OLE DB: retrieving NUMERIC field from an Oracle 8.1.5 DB

9. Table disappear when using DTS to import/export database objects

10. Exporting and importing table using a right click

11. import / export tables

12. Table Export/Import

13. How to Import/Export Access Tables