Linked Server to Oracle 9i with Oracle OLE DB Provider

Linked Server to Oracle 9i with Oracle OLE DB Provider

Post by Dan Jameso » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:17:30

Hi,

Has anyone out there tried setting up a SQL Server 2000 (SP3) Linked Server to Oracle 9i using Oracle's "Oracle Provider for OLE DB"
(http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/ole_db/content.html)?  Have you had any luck?  I have gotten pretty good at setting up
Linked Servers to Oracle using the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle."  I just wanted to see if I could get better performance
using Oracle's drivers instead of Microsoft's.

The problem I'm having is not that SQL Server rejects my settings, it's when ever I try to use the Linked Server I get a messages
like...

OLE DB provider 'OraOLEDB.Oracle' reported an error. Access denied.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'OraOLEDB.Oracle' IUnknown::QueryInterface returned 0x80070005:  Access denied.].

-- OR --

Could not create an instance of OLE DB provider 'OraOLEDB.Oracle'.
OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error:  CoCreate of DSO for OraOLEDB.Oracle returned 0x80040154].

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Dan

1. Oracle /MS-SQL Linked Server - OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-12154

Can anyone help me solve the error below that I am receiving back from
an Oracle server I am linked to ???

My thanks in advance !

Jon Spartan

TEST CASE - - - -

SELECT CALLDETAILRECORDID, GROUPID, BRANDID, USERID,
       ACCOUNTID, BRANDPRODUCTID, TIME, ANI, DNIS,
       DESCRIPTION, ORIGINATINGHOST, TERMINATINGHOST,
       DURATION, CHARGEABLEDURATION, DESTINATION,
       FAXPAGES, FAXBYTES, BRANDCHARGEABLEDURATION,
       DIALSTRING, ROAMINGCHARGE, CALLCHARGE,
       GROUPCALLCHARGE, BRANDCALLCHARGE, GROUPNAME,
       BRANDNAME, USERNAME, CARRIERID, CARRIERNAME,
       GROUPSERVICEID, GROUPPRODUCTID, GROUPPROFIT,
       BRANDPROFIT, INITIALBRANDBASERATE, INITIALGROUPBASERATE,
       SESSIONID, ACCOUNTTYPE, ACCOUNTBATCHNUMBER,
       GROUPEXCHANGECODE, BRANDEXCHANGECODE,
       ORIGINATINGHOSTID, TERMINATINGHOSTID,
       TERMINATINGGROUPID, TERMINATINGGROUPNAME,
       GROUPSERVICENAME, BRANDSERVICENAME,
       ERRORCODE, BRANDSERVICEID, BILLINGRECORDID

FROM RTBE..RTBETELEPHONY.RTBETELCALLDETAILRECORDS

2. Dynamic Code

3. Oracle Linked Server - OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-12154

4. 19609-NY-NEW YORK-IMS-DB2-ORACLE-Management-DBA Skills-DBA Manager

5. Oracle /MS-SQL Linked Server - OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-12154

6. trigger produces duplicate emails (bad)

7. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

8. informix SQCURRENT func. in insert statement

9. SQL Server linked server with OLE DB provider for Visual Foxpro

10. link server on sql server using ole db provider for odbc driver

11. Microsoft OLE DB Driver for Oracle (Oracle 9i Client and COM+ Transactions)

12. linked server to Oracle 9i by 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle'

13. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle