Unattended Login ODBC-Login from VB4.0

Post by Beat Schilte » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We have a VB4.0 application that interfaces with a Access DB using DAO
(Jet) running on a NT 4.0 Server with SP 1 installed. We have linked
tables that sit in a SQL 6.5 Server on another machine in the same
domain.
When accessing the tables we connect to the SQL-Server setting the
correct CONNECT information.
This works fine, as long as the login is sueccessful. If it fails, or if
it breaks during data-access, we get a VB-Popup-Woindow asking for a new
ODBC-login User-ID. Since the application runs unattended the applic
stops showing this popup. This is a major problem for us.

How can I avoid this?
There should be an Option NOPROMPT when accessing a DAO-Object that is
linked throug ODBC...

Your help is very much appreciated.
Please reply by mail as well..

* CITYLINE AG            www.cityline.ch      *
* 8005 Zurich / Switzerland                   *
* Tel: +41 1 273 37 40   Fax: +41 1 273 37 47 *

* CITYLINE AG            www.cityline.ch      *
* 8005 Zurich / Switzerland                   *
* Tel: +41 1 273 37 40   Fax: +41 1 273 37 47 *

1. OEM login failure( invalid login credentials supplied)

I created a new oem repository on Solaris 2.7 and I'm trying to log in
to the console for the first time.  I know I'm supposed to use
sysman/oem_temp for the first time, but i keep getting "Invalid login
credentials supplied."  I dropped and recreated the oem repository
several times with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Connect to SQLServer from UNIX

3. NT Login Fails Becuase SQL Login Exists

4. ADO USING SEEK AND INDEXES

5. OEM web login, After the Console login machine hangs

6. CLIPPER 5.2

7. QA login succeeds, EM login fails?!

8. how to track events?

9. SQL-Server 6.5: Login failed with ISQL_W, login with Enterprise Manager works fine

10. SQL Mail: MAPI login test succeeds, actual login fails

11. different between NT login and standard login in SQLServer**

12. different between NT login and standard login in SQLServer **

13. Login failed for SQL ODBC Web connection.