SQL - NT failed install - dies with failed login

SQL - NT failed install - dies with failed login

Post by . » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Trying to install the SQL 6.5 on either an Server or a Workstation fails for
me with this message in the 'instmsdb.out' file:

Msg 4002, Level 14, State 1, Server Microsoft SQL Server, Line 0
 Login failed
DB-Library: Login incorrect.

On the server I attempted to install SQL to login as a service but when that
failed, I figured I'd try my workstation and set the login to the
administrator [for now]. Now both have failed with the same error. I
attempted applying SP5a, but it wont install because SQL has not been
installed properly.

Seeing Ammy's problems, I wonder if mine isn't related [see also Q113245
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q113/2/45.asp?LNG=EN...
DN&FR=1 BUG: ISQL Fails with Mixed Security from a Trusted Domain User],
except that my domain has no funny characters in it - and even if so should
not the login as a service have worked?