SQL 7.0 Random function, does not work like SQL 6.5 Random function

SQL 7.0 Random function, does not work like SQL 6.5 Random function

Post by Thomas Boyc » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

We use the rand() function in our application login routine against a 6.5
database, in testing our migration to 7.0, we have found out the random
function in 7.0 does not behave exactly the same as in 6.5, trying the
following query from iSql against both a 6.5 database and a 7.0 database
returns different values - this behaviour "breaks" our application. Does
anyone else have any expierence using the random function?? Could you
provide some insight??

 BEGIN

  SET NOCOUNT ON

  SET NOCOUNT OFF
 END

        Tom Boyce
        Enterprise Project Manager
        National Institutes of Health, Center for Information Technology
        301-594-2666

1. Reading Random Access Files - need function for QBASIC CVI and CVS Functions

I current have a random acces database written in quick basic. I can read
the charater strings, but have had no luck with integers or real numbers.

In quick basic to obtain integer and real numbers, 2 and 4 byte strings
have to be converted using CVI and CVS functions.  To get around the
problem, I read the data with a compiled basic program that
creates a flat file which I then import into my database.  I would prefer
to use low level access in FPW2.6 as this would a lot simpler and faster.
Micrsoft support was not much use (the new guys work the phones)

Any Ideas???

I also have obtain Visual Fox Pro 3.0., but have yet not had time to
convert from version 2.6

2. hash

3. Random Functions with PL/SQL

4. Problem with export ORACLE 7->8

5. Is there any RANDOM functions in PL/SQL?

6. serial or element retrieval

7. Is a C Printf like function exists with SQL 6.5 or SQL 7.0

8. Object variable or with block variable not set

9. Equivalent User Defined Function in SQL Server 7.0 or 6.5

10. Generating Random Numbers in SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedure

11. Random Function

12. Random number function?

13. Autonumber - Random VBA function