VB5 to Sybase 11.0.2?

Post by SF » Sun, 07 Sep 1997 04:00:00

The OCX for Sybase CT-Library direct programming and also DB-Library can be
found from Sylvain Faust at:
http://www.sfi-software.com

Simply requires Open Client at runtime.

Look for SQL-Sombrero/OCX for CT-Library and SQL-Sombrero/OCX for
DB-Library.

Comes with full printed and online doc, VB4 and VB5 samples, 32 bit and 16
bit OCX.

Download a copy from the download a copy from the download section at:
http://www.sfi-software.com

One more thing:
Visual Basic Programmer's Journal 1997 Reader's Choice Award
SFI is pleased to announce that SQL-Sombrero/OCX recently received the
Visual Basic Programmer's Journal 1997 Reader's Choice Award in the
Database Utilities category. "SQL-Sombrero continues to deliver something
hard to find in many other products: it works, it's fast and it's
reliable", VBPJ, Spring 1997 Buyer's Guide & Product Directory, P21

For details check:
http://www.sfi-software.com or contact SFI at (USA) 617 722-9811, or

Sam,
SFI a Sylvain Faust company
http://www.sfi-software.com
Sybase Open Solution Partner
Oracle World Alliance Partner
Microsoft Certified Solution Provider
-------------
Sylvain Faust Inc. (SFI) was founded in 1988 by experienced database
programmers intent on improving programmer productivity by developing a
suite of tools, utilities and knowledgeware designed by programmers, for
programmers. Productivity enhancement software in this market can easily
pay for itself in a matter of days just in labor savings, not to mention
the competitive advantage gained by organizations able to deploy
information systems faster and more reliably. SFI's current products
include SQL-Programmer, SQL-Optimizer and SQL-Sombrero.
=====================

> I'm not sure if it is a certified way of doing things (I suspect it
isn't)
> but I am currently using ADO's to talk to sybase 10 using the MS SQL
Server
> drivers.  You could try this if you are stuck.

> > What's the preferred method of connecting from VB 5 to Sybase 11.0.2?
> > I had originally planned to use the RDO objects, but I understand that
> > Sybase's stock ODBC driver doesn't work with RDO for some reason.
> > Procuring third-party ODBC drivers is not an option; I _have_ to find a
> > way to connect from VB5 to Sybase using stock Sybase drivers. So what
> > should I do?

> > Thanks,

> > Tom

> >  --

> >                    http://www.patriot.net/users/tvalesky

1. VB5 to Sybase 11.0.2?

What's the preferred method of connecting from VB 5 to Sybase 11.0.2?
I had originally planned to use the RDO objects, but I understand that
Sybase's stock ODBC driver doesn't work with RDO for some reason.
Procuring third-party ODBC drivers is not an option; I _have_ to find a
way to connect from VB5 to Sybase using stock Sybase drivers. So what
should I do?

Thanks,

Tom

                     http://www.patriot.net/users/tvalesky

2. DoubleClick Event on Grid under VFP3b

3. migrate Sybase 11.0.1 and Sybase 11.5.1 to MS sql 6.5/7.0

4. Terminal slave printer problem...

5. Upgrade from Sybase SQL Server 11.0.1 to Sybase ASE 11.9.2

6. SQL Server Date Settings

7. VB5.0, RDO and Sybase 11

8. Wanted: Programmer/Analyst in NYC area

9. VB5 and Sybase System 11 (ODBC)

10. VB5.0, RDO and Sybase 11

11. ODBC Error X Image data type X VB5.0 ODBCDirect X Sybase System 11

12. VB5 and Sybase System 11