Help with connection to local analysis server

Help with connection to local analysis server

Post by Steve Berin » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:19:08

Hi,

I am new to OLAP, but had to set up an SQL server with Analyis services.
Once we had it set up, I needed to change the machine name, since we
experienced other issues with an improper character in the computer name.
Anyway, since I have changed the name, I can no longer connect to the server
with the Analysis Manager. I had previously migrated the repository as
native format to the local SQL server's MSDB database. Now when I attempt to
connect, I receive the error message...

Cannot connect to repository

Analysis Server: <servername>

Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or
access denied.

Can you help me through this. I would very much appreciate any assistance
you might offer.

Thanks,

Steve Bering
Bluewater

Help with connection to local analysis server

Post by Steve Berin » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:27:13

Nevermind, I figured out how to solve this on my own. I just needed to
change the connection string stored in the registry under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Olap Server\Server Connection Info 's
RemoteRepositoryConnectionString and Repository Connection String values to
represent the name change. No problem connecting after that.

Steve Bering
Bluewater

Quote:> Hi,