SQL Server 7.0 - Security - NT Auth.

Post by Brenda Luc » Thu, 24 May 2001 03:29:16

Currently I have NT logins set-up on SQL Server 7.0.  When looking within
EM under the server access column, I see 'via group membership'.  Can
anyone help me understand what this means?  Is this controlled on the NT
side?

Thanks
Brenda Luce

1. NT auth works, SQL Server auth doesn't

I can connect to my SQL Server if I use NT authentication, but when I switch
to SQL Server authentication in the System DSN I get an error that the user
isn't associated with a trusted connection.  When I go to the server,
though, the user ID has been added as a Login, with System Administrator
privileges and owner rights to the databases.  Is there something else that
must be done to make a user "trusted"?

2. Need to find FILEMAKER 3.0

3. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro

4. Two Questions re Catching an error during connection and Joining two tables on columns possibly null values

5. isql question

6. help ... 6.5 Backup --> 7.0

7. SQL Server 7.0/NT Security Questions

8. Windows NT authentication & SQL Server 7.0 Security

9. Connection to SQL server having NT auth

10. Special security for Windows NT user on SQL 7.0