How to debug user-defined function in Sql 2K?

Post by Luqma » Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:38:12

How to debug user-defined function in Sql 2k ?

Best Regards,

Luqman

How to debug user-defined function in Sql 2K?

Post by Anith Se » Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:12:26

I am not familiar with any method by which you can directly debug a UDF
directly. Generally you can take the code & debug it as a script or an
stored procedure and use the T-SQL de* from Query Analyzer.

--
-- Anith
( Please reply to newsgroups only )

How to debug user-defined function in Sql 2K?

Post by Louis Davidso » Tue, 02 Dec 2003 05:56:07

Usually I just turn it into a procedure and debug, then change it back to a
function and test it.  I never use the stepping debugging tools, ever
though.  I have been doing this for 10+ years, and have gotten used to just
using print statements and selects :)

Compass Technology Management

Pro SQL Server 2000 Database Design

Note: Please reply to the newsgroups only unless you are
interested in consulting services.  All other replies will be ignored :)

Quote:> How to debug user-defined function in Sql 2k ?