placing snapshot file on a cluster

Post by biju georg » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 18:04:49

Hi Guys,
i want to configure transactional pull replication from
one clustrerd sql server to another clustered sql server
to set up a report server..

for that any need to create a share a folder on the
clustered resource to place snapshot files.
how we can enter the path of snapshot folder location?
\\virtual server\..
or\\node1\..
or \\windowscluster\..
is there any other configuration from cluster
administrator?

PLEASE ADVICE ME
Thanks
Biju

Post by bb.. » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:49:04

>Hi Guys,
>i want to configure transactional pull replication from
>one clustrerd sql server to another clustered sql server
>to set up a report server..

>for that any need to create a share a folder on the
>clustered resource to place snapshot files.
>how we can enter the path of snapshot folder location?
>\\virtual server\..
>or\\node1\..
>or \\windowscluster\..
>is there any other configuration from cluster
>administrator?

>PLEASE ADVICE ME
>Thanks
>Biju

Make sure you've set up the share in Cluster Manager.
Then point the Replication to \\ClusterName\ShareName

placing snapshot file on a cluster

Post by biju georg » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:45:54

how i can set up the share in Cluster administrator?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In article <067d01c2cf51$224764c0

Quote:>>Hi Guys,
>>i want to configure transactional pull replication from
>>one clustrerd sql server to another clustered sql server
>>to set up a report server..

>>for that any need to create a share a folder on the
>>clustered resource to place snapshot files.
>>how we can enter the path of snapshot folder location?
>>\\virtual server\..
>>or\\node1\..
>>or \\windowscluster\..
>>is there any other configuration from cluster
>>administrator?

>>PLEASE ADVICE ME
>>Thanks
>>Biju

>Make sure you've set up the share in Cluster Manager.
>Then point the Replication to \\ClusterName\ShareName
>.

placing snapshot file on a cluster

Post by Raj Gil » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:56:01

In a cluster all share names will be \\virtualservername\sharename. You
don't have to do any thing special. Just share the folder in explorer by
choosing properties of  the folder. Only when it comes to referencing the
folder you would use the virtual servername.

rgill

> how i can set up the share in Cluster administrator?

1. placing snapshot file on a cluster

Hi Guys,
i want to configure transactional pull replication from
one clustrerd sql server to another clustered sql server
to set up a report server..

for that any need to create a share a folder on the
clustered resource to place snapshot files.
how we can enter the path of snapshot folder location?
\\virtual server\..
or\\node1\..
or \\windowscluster\..
is there any other configuration from cluster
administrator?

PLEASE ADVICE ME
Thanks
Biju

2. error on linked servers

3. Problem: rerun snapshot because current snapshot files are obsolete

4. New development methodology

5. snapshot folder on a cluster

6. Slave printer part 2

7. Snapshot Replication on Failover Cluster with SP3

8. Info Modler for Client Server???

9. Physical Files in place of Image data fields

10. Need BCP to not place an ascii null in output file

11. Problem placing a file into a SQL database

12. Data files in the wrong place.

13. Data Environment leaving .tmp files all over the place