How do I move DTS packages from one server to another server?

How do I move DTS packages from one server to another server?

Post by Thomas Scho » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:36:32

I had to set up a new SQL Server.
How do I move DTS packages from the old server to the new server?

Thomas Schoch
Thomas Schoch
Elephant Software AG
Switzerland

How do I move DTS packages from one server to another server?

Post by Bruc » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 06:53:17

Use the excellent (free) DTSBackup utility at:

www.swynk.com/friends/green

Bruce

Quote:> I had to set up a new SQL Server.
> How do I move DTS packages from the old server to the new server?

> Thomas Schoch
> Thomas Schoch
> Elephant Software AG
> Switzerland

How do I move DTS packages from one server to another server?

Post by Eladio Guzma » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 07:39:51

Open the package then do Save As ... under Location select File.  This will
save it to a file with dts extension.  Then on the new server, you right
click the Data Transformation Service icon and do Open Package and select
the file.  Once you have it open, do Save As ... under Location select SQL
Server.

Eladio