Another Connection Problem

Post by Jeff Jone » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to connect the OLAP Manager to the OLAP server on the same
machine.  I am getting the following message:
---------------------------------------
Cannot connect to the Repository

OLAP Server: <servername>

Error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Can't open database
'[unknown]'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or
the file maybe corrupt.
-----------------
The repository file is in the directory that the registry string is pointing
at.  I have reinstalled OLAP to make sure the MDB file is not corrupted.
And I have not installed SP1 of SQL Server 7.  I have also check Technet for
any reported problems.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Jeff

Another Connection Problem

Post by Paul Thoman » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I don't know if you saw this thread but it worked for me.

Thanks John,
I am going to test this out. By the way, I am publishing our correspondances
on the Olap newsgroup. It seems like this has happened often enough that it
will probably help many people out. I have sent emails out to the others on
this thread that have had this problem but didn't get an answer. Some have
told me that they never figured it out. Have a good day and I will let you
know what comes up.

Paul