Custom SortOrder - How to create the definition file?

Custom SortOrder - How to create the definition file?

Post by Witayaw WANNAPONGSA » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi everyone,
I need to make the SQL Server sort the query result correctly according to
my language (Thai) but the available sort order of SQL Server does not do
it.  I see some note about custom sort order and the definition file.   But
I don't know how to create the definition file and how it actually works.
So, does anyone know  about it or can point me to where I can read  more?
Or any other solution is very welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Witaya  WANNAPONGSAI

Custom SortOrder - How to create the definition file?

Post by Ron Talma » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Witaya,

I believe Ron Soukup's book, Inside SQL Server 6.5, has a section on
creating a custom sort order.

Ron

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:55:26 +0700, "Witayaw WANNAPONGSAI"

>Hi everyone,
>I need to make the SQL Server sort the query result correctly according to
>my language (Thai) but the available sort order of SQL Server does not do
>it.  I see some note about custom sort order and the definition file.   But
>I don't know how to create the definition file and how it actually works.
>So, does anyone know  about it or can point me to where I can read  more?
>Or any other solution is very welcome.
>Thanks in advance,
>Witaya  WANNAPONGSAI

1. Custom SortOrder - How to create the definition file?

Hi everyone,
I need to make the SQL Server sort the query result correctly according to
my language (Thai) but the available sort order of SQL Server does not do
it.  I see some note about custom sortorder and the definition file.   But I
don't know how to create the definition file and how it actually works.
So, does anyone know  about it or can point me to where I can read  more?
Or any other solution is very welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Witaya  WANNAPONGSAI

2. Position for Pick/Universe in Northern NJ

3. Custom SortOrder - How to create the definition file for it ?

4. Displaying Hyperlinks?

5. VFP Creating Label definition files

6. Newbie: Data Environment & Parameteres to Jet

7. How to create a custom txt file in DTS to migrate data

8. Creating a custom error log file

9. Custom Sort Order Definitions

10. creating table definitions in SQL from access

11. Create and Distribute Cube Definitions