column disapears (shit happens) on SQL Server 7

column disapears (shit happens) on SQL Server 7

Post by Romeo Disc » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:05:03

Hi folks,

believe it or not.

As a result of a stored procedure I get resultset containing addresses.
the same table and stored procedure resides on two databases.

In the first (development) database I retrieve all columns successfully.
In the second (live) database the column 'street' of the resultset
disapears.

What is the reason for this?
Has someone an idea?

I use SQL Server 7.

Greetings
          Romeo
---

Tel.: +49 / (0)711 / 230 71 251
Fax: +49 / (0)711 / 230 71 119

column disapears (shit happens) on SQL Server 7

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:44:49

The procedures has to be either different or do SELECT * and the table structure is
different (or the proc's need recompile, possibly). But without more information it is
impossible to say.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

> Hi folks,

> believe it or not.

> As a result of a stored procedure I get resultset containing addresses.
> the same table and stored procedure resides on two databases.

> In the first (development) database I retrieve all columns successfully.
> In the second (live) database the column 'street' of the resultset
> disapears.

> What is the reason for this?
> Has someone an idea?

> I use SQL Server 7.

> Greetings
>           Romeo
> ---

> Tel.: +49 / (0)711 / 230 71 251
> Fax: +49 / (0)711 / 230 71 119

column disapears (shit happens) on SQL Server 7

Post by Ilya Margoli » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:17:37

Is it possible that you are selecting * out of a view? Then if you changed
the underlying table(s) the view has to be recompiled to reflect the
changes.