Insert under transaction => table lock

Post by Shacha » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 08:38:56

Hi

When we have a COM+ transaction in progress which does an insert,
I cannot do an insert in that table till the transaction is complete.

I am using the default transaction isolation of level of SQL Server 7.0

Can some one please advise on a possible workaround or what is normally done
 for setting transaction levels or other possible SQL server settings.

Regards

Shachar

Insert under transaction => table lock

Post by Charles Bretana Jr » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 09:08:40

Change the Transaction Isolation level of the COM+ transaction to "Disabled"
Find this setting under the "Transactions" Tab of the Properties window for
the component, under the Com+ Application in the treeview side of the
Component Services Management utility.

Quote:> Hi

> When we have a COM+ transaction in progress which does an insert,
> I cannot do an insert in that table till the transaction is complete.

> I am using the default transaction isolation of level of SQL Server 7.0

> Can some one please advise on a possible workaround or what is normally
done
>  for setting transaction levels or other possible SQL server settings.

> Regards

> Shachar

Insert under transaction => table lock

Post by Shacha » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 06:18:55

But I need this Object to run under transaction.

> Change the Transaction Isolation level of the COM+ transaction to
"Disabled"
> Find this setting under the "Transactions" Tab of the Properties window
for
> the component, under the Com+ Application in the treeview side of the
> Component Services Management utility.

> > Hi

> > When we have a COM+ transaction in progress which does an insert,
> > I cannot do an insert in that table till the transaction is complete.

> > I am using the default transaction isolation of level of SQL Server 7.0

> > Can some one please advise on a possible workaround or what is normally
> done
> >  for setting transaction levels or other possible SQL server settings.

> > Regards

> > Shachar

1. Insert under transaction => table lock

Hi

When we have a COM+ transaction in progress which does an insert,
I cannot do an insert in that table till the transaction is complete.

I am using the default transaction isolation of level of SQL Server 7.0

Can some one please advise on a possible workaround or what is normally done
 for setting transaction levels or other possible SQL server settings.

Regards

Shachar

2. WHO

3. Convert utility for Oracle PL/SQL -> SQL T-SQL?

4. Insert in a transaction locks the table?

5. SQL Server 7 Mail issues

6. relationship of Transactions and Locks for select/insert

7. Hexdec

8. MS Access97 + ODBC2.04 locks btrieve tables on Insert or Create Table queries

9. Table lock when using transaction in SQL server

10. SQL7 Table locked during transaction

11. sql table locks during transaction and simple select

12. Table or Transaction locking