Installing SQL 7 On Windows 2000 Adv Server

Installing SQL 7 On Windows 2000 Adv Server

Post by Wigg » Thu, 30 May 2002 22:54:13

Hi all,

I  am new to SQL Server 7

Are there any known issues involved in when installing SQL Server 7 on  a
Windows 2k Adv Server platform.

If so what are the pitfalls to avoid and if you are aware of any articles
from the MS Online Knowledge Base what are they,

Regards

Wiggy

Installing SQL 7 On Windows 2000 Adv Server

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Fri, 31 May 2002 01:06:22

No known issues.  We are running a server in this configuration right now.

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Hi all,

> I  am new to SQL Server 7

> Are there any known issues involved in when installing SQL Server 7 on  a
> Windows 2k Adv Server platform.

> If so what are the pitfalls to avoid and if you are aware of any articles
> from the MS Online Knowledge Base what are they,

> Regards

> Wiggy

Installing SQL 7 On Windows 2000 Adv Server

Post by Larry Chesnut [M » Fri, 31 May 2002 06:18:54

You may want to refer to these articles.  Although you may not be
installing a cluster, the steps to get a sound installation are the same;

   Q219264  Order of Installation for SQL Server 7.0 Clustering Setup
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q219264

   Q243218 Installation Order for SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q243218

When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. SQL Server 6.5 on Windows 2000 Adv. Server

We have an installation of SQL Server 6.5 with SP5a
installed on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and are trying
to load from remote database backup devices shared from a
Windows NT4.0 server.  Using Enterprise Manager we can see
the backup device, but can't see the contents.

Has anyone else come across this problem.

Regards,

Mark

2. Upsizing

3. SQL 2000 Install on Win2K SP3 Adv. Server

4. OpenRoad - Three Tier Architecture

5. SQL 2000 Unattended Install hangs (on WIN2K adv Server)

6. sp_rename in a transaction

7. Sql 7.0 with Windows 2000 Adv Server

8. SQL 2000 Ent Ed Install Hangs on Win 2000 Adv Limited Edt

9. FMP Server and Windows 2000 Adv Server

10. Installing Windows 2000 server or SQL 2000 first?

11. Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

12. Installing SQL Server 2000 changes Windows 2000 cache settings