SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Enterprise

SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Enterprise

Post by SlimFle » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:13:31

Hi.  I have a copy Developer copy of SQL Server 2000 and want to install it
on W2K3 Enterprise, but I get a message saying SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below
is not supported on this operating system.  Can I go ahead and install it
and then upgrade to the latest service pack...whatever that might be?  Or
should I not do this and install it on a W2K server?

thanks.

SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Enterprise

Post by Miche » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:54:32

Quote:>Hi.  I have a copy Developer copy of SQL Server 2000 and want to install it
>on W2K3 Enterprise, but I get a message saying SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below
>is not supported on this operating system.  Can I go ahead and install it
>and then upgrade to the latest service pack...whatever that might be?  Or
>should I not do this and install it on a W2K server?

Just install, and afterwards apply SQL2K SP2